It may had happened to you that you enter a website and you have to enlarge the images with your fingers, move the texts from one side to another to be able to read them, or rotate your smartphone to see a complete image. Its a nightmare!
As you may have heard or will know from experience, more and more people connect to the internet from their cell phone and make purchases, read news, enjoy social networks; and today, it is expected that every website can be viewed correctly from any device.
There are still web pages where we have to zoom in with our fingers to click on a button or read its contents well. Responsive design aims to generate designs that feel comfortable in any screen resolution. This is usually achieved by stacking graphic elements from top to bottom on the mobile version of the website or web app, although some more "organic" designs require some tricks that we have learned to use.
This is only possible thanks to responsive web design, which is about creating a single website that has the ability to adapt to all devices, maintaining its structure and order. Thus, each element of the website adapts to any screen proportion, allowing a correct visualization and navigation.
This design option has multiple advantages and also reduces costs and development time, since a single design is made for all devices.
Advantages of responsive web design
- It's very practical.Because there is no need to upload different types of content or maintain different websites.
- Google loves responsive design.Having a responsive website is important for SEO, because it favors the user experience, and having more traffic gives you a greater chance of success in search engine positioning.
- Reduces costs and development and maintenance times.Maintenance tasks are simplified and streamlined, since it will only be necessary to make changes to a single page; instead of having to modify each of the existing versions of it.
- Increases the virality of the content. Allowing users to share content naturally and without duplication of information.
- It prepares you for whatever comes.New devices of different sizes constantly appear, and you will want your website to be displayed correctly in any of them. Responsive design anticipates to the future.
After all these, no one would deny it’s extremely important to prioritize a responsive design when asking your development team to start a new website, right?